Forward in Faith-North America changes focus

Sep 3, 2017 by

by Mary Ann Mueller, VOL:

Forward in Faith-North America (FiF-NA) is in the throes of transition in part caused by a drastic drop in income and part by a refocusing on the mission of the organization.

Executive Director Michael Howell announced that income for the non-profit organization dropped from $49,815 in 2016. So far only $28,993 has been added to the coffers in 2017.

However, ACNA Bishop Keith Ackerman, FiF-NA’s past president, would take issue with the definition that Forward in Faith is an “organization.”

“Forward in Faith is not really an organization but it is a living organism,” the bishop corrects. “It is the inheritor of the Oxford Movement, proclaiming the historic Catholic faith of the undivided church.”

So as a living organism Forward in Faith’s proclamation of the historic Catholic faith of the undivided church has not changed as much as it is being refocused.

Forward in Faith is refocusing its understanding of its place in mission by putting a renewed emphasis upon the financial support of men headed for the priesthood and training already ordained priests to better evangelize and present the Gospel message in today’s world.

To help meet this goal Forward in Faith has been gifted with a half a million dollar grant by Schwartz Trust. Income generated by interest and investments will be channeled to support Forward in Faith’s redefined mission. The breakdown will be 75% going toward funding seminarians and training priests to evangelize with the remaining 25% being plowed back into the trust to help sustain it and make it grow.

Read here


Related Posts


Share This